BrAk:ReChOrDs, a mobile live recording studio.
I Will Orosz am the recording, mixing, and mastering engineer. We record as many tracks as necessary. After creating a stereo down-mix, we can insert regions and extract them into separate files. We then create a script to encode into mp3 and create id3 tags.
On the laptop:
- Lenovo Thinkpad W500
- 2.8Ghz C2D T9600
- 8 GB RAM SoDIMM Corsair
- 120GB Samsung EVO 840 SSD for OS
- 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD for Data
- Cockos Reaper 3.7.1 - Win XP SP3
- Cockos Reaper 3.7.1 - Win 7 SP1 Ultimate
- Sonic Foundry’s Sound Forge 6 build 132
PA consists of:
- Main Mixer is Midas M32
- Alternate Mixer is Presonus Studio live 16-4-2
- Yamaha DXR 15 Main Speakers
- Yamaha DSR 118 Subwoofers
- Yamaha DXR 8 Ref Monitor
All mp3′s are created in DOS using LAME 184.108.40.206 with variable bit rate quality set to 1. We write a batch file to do this makes our ability to create mp3′s for new mixes while not having to code in all the tags. Bare minimum we encode id3 tags for: artist, song, album, track number, comment, and year. All videos are mp4 and encoded with the h264 codec.